Roast monkfish with rosemary, olive oil and lemon marinade
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 Skill level:
Recipe by: Billingsgate Seafood School
- 4 monkfish fillets
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Grated zest of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Handful watercress
- Heat the oven to gas mark 7. Slash the fish several times on each side.
- Mix the rosemary, olive oil, lemon zest and honey. Rub into the fish and leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Place the fish in a roasting tin and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the fish is cooked, the flesh will turn white and flaky.
- Lift onto a bed of watercress and spoon any cooking juices over the top, drizzle with lemon juice and serve.