Monkfish Medallions with Mediterranean Vegetable Stew
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Recipe by: Jane Devonshire
- 450gm – 500gm Monkfish medallions
- 300gm cooked new potato with the skin on
- 250gm Aubergine 1 medium
- 250gm Cherry Tomatoes
- 200gm Courgette – 1 large
- 4 Garlic Cloves (I grate mine at home but finely diced is good too)
- 1 medium red onion
- 50ml olive oil
- 1 pack tomato passata (390gm)
- Salt and Pepper
- Juice ½ lemon
- 1 – 2 tablespoons Italian Mixed Dried Herbs
- Chop all the vegetables including potatoes to a little smaller than the size of your cherry tomatoes and add to a large roasting tray with the olive oil and lemon juice and tomato passata. Chop the aubergine last and make sure it is tossed in the oil and lemon to stop it browning. And the tomato passatta too.
- Add the Grated Garlic, Dried herbs, salt and a good grind of black pepper
- Mix together thoroughly and put into an oven gas mark 200 for 30 – 40 minutes, turning once during the process. The veg should be cooked through but still retain their shape.
- Add the Monkfish medallions and cook for a further 10 minutes until the fish is cooked through but still juicy.
- Remove from oven and toss all together making sure everything is coated in sauce you may need to add a little water at this stage to bring it all together. Taste add lemon, salt and pepper as required and serve immediately.