Quayside Fish is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Quayside Fish may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 28th March 2016.
1. Information we collect
You are not required to provide any personal information in order to obtain general access to this site. However, in order to access certain services and features of this site, we may require you to provide personal information such as: –
* name and address
* contact information including email address
* demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
* other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
* details of your visits to our Website and the resources that you access including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblog statistics and other communication data.
2. What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
* Internal record keeping.
* We may use the information to improve our products and services.
* We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
* From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
On occasion, we may gather information about your computer for our services.
Such information will not identify you personally, it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever. It is used by us to analyse how visitors interact with the Website so that we can continue to develop and improve this Website.
We may gather information about your general Internet use by using a cookie file that is downloaded to your computer. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our Website and the service that we provide to you.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular areas of our Website.
4. Use of your information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
* To provide you with information requested from us relating to our products or services and to provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you if you have consented to receive such information.
* To meet our contractual commitments to you.
* To notify you about any changes to our Website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
* If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you if you have consented to receive such information.
* If you are a new customer, we will only contact you only when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for.
If you do not want us to use your data, you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data.
5. Storing your personal data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We take this responsibility very seriously and make every effort to ensure your personal information is secure. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% safe. With this in mind, whilst we strive to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for its theft, disclosure or subsequent misuse.
6. Disclosing your information
We will not share your personal information with any third parties for direct marketing purposes. Any information supplied to us via the online ‘Contact Us’ page or via email will only be used for the purpose of progressing your enquiry or request.
We reserve the right to disclose user information when required to do so by law or when we have reason to believe that the disclosure of such information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other users or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
7. Third party links
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
8. Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. Please note that any demand for access may be subject to payment of a fee of £10 which covers our costs in providing you with the information requested. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below.
9. Contacting us
We welcome any queries, comments or requests you may have regarding this policy please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
If you would prefer to write to us, our contact address is: –